Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role:
We’re helping people get financial protection. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Staff Writer will help write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will work closely with our Content Strategist and Insurance Editors to grow organic search traffic to our insurance Learn Centers. The Staff Writer will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius’ mission. This role will report to our Content Strategist.
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, health, renters, pet, disability and auto insurance. (And more to come!)
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist on keyword strategy for our high-intent insurance content
- Refresh and optimize our existing library of high-intent content in line with our SEO plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic to our content pages and increase conversion rates to our shopping product
- Combine your analytical and editorial sensibilities while you nerd out on your research, but make your writing simple and clear
- A passion for editing and making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- 1+ years experience writing and editing personal finance content for a digital publication
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO & Marketing
- Ability to get information you need -- knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)