Staff Writer at Policygenius
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role:
We’re helping people get financial protection. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Staff Writer will help write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will report to our SEO Managing Editor and work closely with our team of Staff Writers and Insurance Editors to grow organic search traffic to our insurance Learn Centers. The Staff Writer will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius’ mission.
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, health, renters, pet, disability and auto insurance. (And more to come!)
- Collaborate with our SEO Managing Editor and Senior Content Strategy Manager on keyword strategy for our high-intent insurance content
- Refresh and optimize our existing library of high-intent content in line with our SEO plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic to our content pages and increase conversion rates to our shopping product
- Combine your analytical and editorial sensibilities while you nerd out on your research, but make your writing simple and clear
- 1+ years experience writing and editing personal finance content for a digital publication
- A passion for editing and making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Ability to get information you need -- knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!