Technical Content Specialist
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for someone to plunge into the deep end of marketing and drive product adoption by communicating how to use our sophisticated programmatic advertising platform. Everyone says you’re a good technical writer, but you’re so much more than that. You might not be an expert when you start in on a topic, but you work effectively with those who are, and soon earn their respect and trust. You have the talent to take complex technical information, distill it down to essential concepts, and create multimedia content that gives people an “aha” moment. In fact, you’re so good at that, other people rely on you to review their content for style, consistency, and impact. You have a keen eye for the small things that make the good great and are delighted when you help the team say it better.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Communicate effectively about The Trade Desk and its products to internal and external audiences in a variety of media, including text, graphics, and video. Combine technical accuracy with compelling language that highlights both the “how” and the “why” of our platform and its features.
- Create and maintain clear, accurate, and engaging technical content that empowers digital advertising professionals to use The Trade Desk platform to meet their business goals.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, product teams, and other technical communicators to ensure all technical content fits into The Trade Desk’s brand and product themes and supports specific marketing campaigns.
- Effectively and diplomatically edit colleagues’ content.
- Manage content through the development and publication cycles using JIRA and other workflow management tools. Assist in creating and managing content lifecycle processes.
- Publish and manage content in Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels on a weekly release cadence.
- Assist in building and administering Guru, Confluence, and other publication channels.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental style guidelines and help refine those guidelines as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field where you have written on complex topics with clarity and impact. Technical degrees with strong communications skills welcome.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a technical communicator. Experience with SaaS platforms preferred. We will ask for examples of your technical communications work.
- Demonstrated experience creating web-ready text, graphical, and video content on a technical or other complex topic as shown by examples you provide.
- Experience with Guru or other online authoring and publication tools, Adobe or other screen capture and audiovisual tools, and Atlassian JIRA or other workflow management tools.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.