Technical Content Specialist at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Product Documentation team at Yext is hiring for a Technical Content Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content on developer.yext.com.
Your primary responsibility will be to make the content on the site as amazing as possible. For example, you will design, draft, edit, and improve technical docs, tutorials, playbooks, with the purpose of building awareness, presenting use cases, and supporting our developer community.
You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means meeting with stakeholders (potentially including developers) and gathering feedback; sometimes you’ll document something new, sometimes you’ll edit someone else’s contributed content, and other times you’ll fix or reorganize existing documentation on the site.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background (including comfort with APIs), outstanding people skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Produce high-quality technical content (API docs, guides, and playbooks) across a variety of channels that are accurate, clear, concise, and helpful.
- Improve the experience on our developer website, including soliciting feedback, helping recommend new technology, and implementing the site developer site.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering to understand our products and corresponding needs for documentation.
- Project manage the identification, authoring, editing, and publishing of content.
- Develop and maintain a style guide to ensure consistency across our documentation channels and different writing team members.
- Continually analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and accuracy of content.
- Reach out to customers and developers to hear direct feedback, understand their needs, and identify areas of improvement.
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs for our documentation and developer site.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices and propose adjustments to content strategy as needed.
- Monitor requests and feedback from Stakeholders and drive execution plan for each request.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Client Success and API Support to ensure content completeness, and effectiveness for all users.
- Represent the voice of the developer site audience by synthesizing key client feedback and data.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- 2-4 years experience as a technical writer, developing end-user documentation, or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- A level of comfort working with RESTful APIs, Webhooks, and Single Sign-On.
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and understand complex topics.
- An innate curiosity, willingness to ask questions, and passion for learning and helping others learn.
Interested candidates should be prepared to provide samples of your work.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.