About the Role
Namely is seeking a UX Writer/Copywriter to join the Product Design team. We’re growing rapidly and working closely with engineers, customers, and support to help re-make and grow some amazing capabilities.
As UX Writer, you’ll help set the tone and voice for Namely’s brand as expressed through its product. You will work closely with UX/UI product designers, product managers, and researchers to help us find the right way of guiding a variety of users through tasks large and small. You’ll help us make tasks which might seem either mundane or complex become simple and intuitive. And of course you’ll work closely with our Marketing copy and content team on evolving and implementing the Namely style. From changing the way admins run payroll, or employees think about complex benefits systems, to just helping people communicate within and across teams, this is an opportunity to help develop better ways for people to work together.
Please submit a portfolio or writing sample with your application.
- Work closely with stakeholders from designers to subject matter experts.
- Review and analyze existing copy across the platform to find places to optimize.
- Write clear, concise, usable and useful editorial copy, user interface text, and emails.
- Work with designers to create and maintain a design and copy style guide for use across the platform, including a library of technical terminology and uses.
- Ensure that our content meets style and compliance standards, ADA requirements, and is consistent across touchpoints.
- Integrate learnings from research and analytics.
- Manage deadlines across multiple concurrent projects.
- BA in English, journalism, advertising, marketing or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years of web content production and UI writing experience.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills; can fit a complex idea into a handful of words.
- An advocate for users and their needs throughout their tasks.
- Understanding of design principles, web writing best practices and how content fits into the user experience.
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers and product managers.
- Strong technical literacy, with experience using Google G-Suite and Atlassian products.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with a SAAS-based digital product organization.
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.