Video Editor, Snapchat
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is hiring a Video Editor, Snapchat. This person works closely with the Art Director, Snapchat and other designers on the Snapchat Discover team, and assists across other emerging platforms as needed. Video editors will create original storytelling through design and illustration while utilizing video footage in unique and innovative ways. This role liaises closely with the entire Snapchat Discover team to remain on brand and will collaborate with the expanded Thrillist design team when the editorial teams produce content around a special event.
The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about digital media, travel content, and is highly skilled at video editing, graphic design, animation, illustration and typography. This person has endless curiosity, a passion for working collaboratively, and thrives in fast-paced environments. It’s key to be able to function as part of a team while owning your individual voice and ideas.
This position offers the unique opportunity for creatives to produce original art that propels the brand aesthetic on Snapchat Discover, all while infusing it with their own personal touches. Each member of the Snapchat Discover team contributes weekly in pitch meetings.
This position reports to the Art Director, Special Platforms. Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio with this application.
A Video Editor, Snapchat at Thrillist should:
- Be aware of modern design, typography and illustration styles and able to adapt
- Be resourceful, have excellent research skills, and is creative with storytelling
- Be collaborative and receptive to feedback and direction
- Be able to sketch ideas, animate content, and edit video compositions at a high level
- Be comfortable managing both small and large projects
- Be excited about the Thrillist brand and creative potential of our unique content
- Design/layout/edit multiple daily top-snaps for animations, flat content for long-form editorial, and video content for daily editions
- Pitch and produce innovative ways to tell stories on the platform using text and image
- Work in tandem with the rest of the creative team and video editors to make sure files are prepared correctly
- Proofread and test final Snap layouts before loading to CMS
- Provide creative for any additional special platforms editions as needed
- Iterate on new layouts/initiatives
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.