The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
The Trade Desk is seeking a seasoned Video Editor to lead the editing and animation of our video and audio content. This role will be part of our growing in-house agency “TTD Creative Shop.” This person will have the creative skills and ability to concept and edit compelling content and advertising using current technologies and software while ensuring clear narrative that ladders up to the brief. This role would require the ability to both edit compelling narratives while also building out high quality motion graphics and transitions to keep the viewer engaged. The Video Editor will have strong working knowledge of industry-standards, multimedia production technology, including software and hardware. S/he will be able to work under tight deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities. The Video Editor should be proficient in digital photo and video cameras and systems and competent working in shared network environments and structured file systems.
- Lead the editing of video projects from ingestion of raw footage to final deliverables, while collaborating with creative and marketing teams throughout the process (from concept to completed video)
- Video projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Campaign video content and ads (Brand, product, employee, etc.) and testimonials (:15/:30 ad spots)
- Mood films for campaign concepting
- Video editing and motion graphics for new and existing content series on The Current (The Trade Desk’s editorial site)
- Editing of our CEO’s series In Human Terms
- Motion graphics for data visualizations
- Social media and post-event promotional work
- Highlight reels, testimonial clips, fun and engaging teaser videos for both internal and external campaigns and events
- Employee focused content like “Take Your Kids to Work Day,” Pride Month, engineering profiles, etc.
- Riveting event video backdrops for large screens, DOOH, booths, etc.
- Creation of custom office screen content for our global TTD offices
- Executive video and other ad hoc internal video projects
- Innovative ideas and ways to reach our audience (DOOH, etc.)
- Promos, trailers, educational videos, commercials, cinematics, b-roll, sizzle reels, explainer videos, motion graphics, social content and data snackables, etc.
- Video projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Digitize, organize and archive all footage for use in videos
- Provide creative input on initial scripts and throughout post-production
- Select the most effective shots of a scene in terms of look, story relevance or continuity
- Edit footage according to tight scripts and storyboards or loose production guidelines
- Be able to "remix" broadcast and online videos into creative short-form social videos
- Post-Production: color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
- Work with The Trade Desk Creative and Marketing teams to address cut changes throughout the approval process
- Responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
- Archive all footage at the wrap of each job
- Maintain all editing equipment, troubleshoots problems, and actively facilitate repairs
- Maintain proper file structure and project documentation to allow for potential future edits/adaptations
- Oversee and support in the implementation and roll out of an internal DAM or MAM
- Own any other relevant duties/responsibilities assigned by manager
Who you are:
- BA/BFA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7-10 years of experience and/or training and highly skilled in digital editing systems
- Competence in video editing systems including, but not limited to AfterEffects, Premiere, Final Cut, Animate and related plug-ins and enhancement packages
- Highly skilled motion graphics ability, with a proven track record and portfolio of work to demonstrate it
- Working ability in Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
- Experience with video production and production of creative assets
- Passion for great work and the process + strategies which drive it
- Ability to tell compelling stories and narratives in edit
- Organized, detail-oriented, and flexible with the ability to agilely iterate on a project and adhere to feedback
- Solid communication skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a growing team
- Able to multi-task and is a self-starter — providing recommendations and suggestions on how to improve the ask
- Intellectual curiosity to learn all things programmatic and the nuances of the advertising technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and results
- Team player who can work in a group and independently and prioritize effectively
- Relationship builder with excellent collaboration skills who can reach out across internal team and external vendor
- Self-starter with a “let's roll up our sleeves and get it done” attitude
Nice to have's
- Video directing skills in order to enhance edits and help bring concepts to life
- Experience in an in-house brand and/or agency environment
- Experience in B2B marketing
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your application (will not be considered without portfolio website)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.