Video Producer at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about video storytelling and creating compelling content.
We are looking for a Video Producer to elevate DigitalOcean’s video production value and brand awareness through a multitude of visual production techniques. Reporting to the Video Marketing Manager, the Video Producer will ideate, strategize, and create education and marketing video content as it relates to the needs of our community.
You’ll be working with an amazing team of creatives who encourage forward thinking to empower a brand that is both fun to work with, and respected in the industry. Additionally, this role will allow you to further develop all facets of your video production skill sets - from video editing, to motion graphics, and project management.What You’ll Be Doing:
The Producer will report to the Video Marketing Manager and help guide video and graphic projects from brainstorming through final delivery, with a focus on post-production. The role requires a highly detail-oriented individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects in different stages of production, manage internal and external expectations, know the ins and outs of the video editing and post-production process, and work with a fun and growing video marketing team.
The producer will be the point of contact for specified video projects related to internal production operations and external-facing marketing initiatives. The producer must be prepared to be client-facing, speaking to a project and helping guide a stakeholder through the production process. The producer will also have a strong focus on project management, from creating timelines, production schedules, and tickets, to managing graphic assets, brand guidelines, version control, and solving any bottlenecks that arise in post-production.
The producer will be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, as it relates to video post-production. This includes an advanced understanding of Premiere Pro and After Effects. Additionally, the producer should have some experience coordinating and filming small shoots. Experience conducting interviews on set is an added bonus.
The producer should be a self-starter and have a creative vision with each new project, always thinking of how to elevate our content, and proactively avoiding production/approval pitfalls. He or she should also be ready to wear multiple hats, and jump in and get their hands dirty, whether on a shoot, or just helping another teammate.What We’ll Expect From You:
- Strong knowledge of the production and post-production process including planning, storyboarding, concepting, scripting, audio, motion graphics, social media integration, video editing, conducting video shoots, and strategic publishing.
- Excellent project management skills, particularly in post-production and timeline management
- The ability to create original motion graphic assets in After Effects, as well as animate existing imagery.
- Knowledge of production equipment and gear, camera and lighting setups, and experience building on set.
- Knowledge of proper remote recording practices and experience guiding remote interviews.
- Client-facing experience, and the ability to speak to the production process in an easy, clear, and concise fashion.
- Prepare and manage estimates and timelines and for project deliverables, working with the Video Marketing Manager on budgets and tracking expenditures in order to operate within the approved budget.
- Continuously enhance creative solutions and problem-solving skills. A strong passion for exploring the latest technology and video trends.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and a growing expertise in their video-centric programs.
- Willingness to do remote and travel when needed to conduct high-level video shoots, audio sessions, and digital projects of varying complexity.
- Experience building, hosting, monitoring live streams is a bonus, but not a requirement
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator is a bonus, but not a requirement
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!