VP of Education Content
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the VP of Content at TpT, your ultimate goal will be to establish TpT as an industry leader in the sale of quality educational content. Primarily, you will build and manage our vast library of teacher-created content, one of the biggest sources of educational content in the world. In partnership with our internal teams and our Teacher-Author community, you will shape how our marketplace of teacher-created educational content is created, evaluated, and consumed. Managing an internal team of researchers and curricular experts, you will research education questions and translate our findings for all stakeholders to that to help us better meet the needs of teachers and principals.
Reporting to the CEO as part of our growing Senior Leadership team, you’ll serve as a strategic advisor in defining TpT’s role and impact in the education landscape.
Responsibilities may include:
- Join Product, Design, Engineering, along with the TpT Teacher-Author Community, to shape how TpT content is created, evaluated, and consumed
- Oversee our ability to measure and demonstrate the quality and efficacy of our content offering
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership team to set company-level strategy
- Apply research and industry insight to company decision making, roadmapping, and quarterly/annual planning
- Partner with Marketing to leverage partnerships, academic institutions, and published research to inform brand strategy
- Maintain and grow a strong network of external industry experts
- Commission and oversee the design of research studies following best practices for quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Manage a team and oversee research from consultants and other specialty areas
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect and empower educators
- Be a team player: team and impact come first
- Perform well in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Demonstrate versatility, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and analytical thinking
- Has superior verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the US education landscape
- Masters required
- 10+ years of management experience
- 15+ years of experience in developing or overseeing curriculum and instructional content for schools/districts at a district or educational publisher
- Strong familiarity with the education publishing industry
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- PhD in Education
- Published research in a peer reviewed journal
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.