WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As a member of The Trade Desk’s Legal Team, the Counsel will work extensively with business team members across all functional areas to navigate contractual and legal matters to help maintain the structural integrity of the company. This individual must be able to work independently, and have a proven ability to understand complex legal requirements and communicate them in layman’s terms. The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, identify and manage risk, interact easily with all levels of employees, meet deadlines and prioritize projects. A strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a positive attitude are absolute requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Exercise exceptional judgement to advise The Trade Desk team and contribute to the overall success of the business
- Structure, draft, review, negotiate, and manage a variety of commercial agreements including master service agreements, insertion orders, NDAs, and various supplier agreements
- Identify, research, analyze, and advise teams on a wide range of relevant legal topics (e.g., licensing, intellectual property, commercial, data security, and privacy law), issues, and risks
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company globally
- Continually improve our legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Admitted to practice in New York or California or the ability to register as In-House Counsel in New York or California
- Juris doctorate from a top-ranked US law school required
- 5 years of experience working in an internationally/nationally-recognized law firm or in house legal department
- Strong business sense and ability to exercise good business judgement is critical
- Effective communicator, with the ability to interact with internal and external constituents at all levels
- Superior analytical skills with a creative and pragmatic problem-solving approach
- Excellent legal skills, including significant experience in structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of transactional agreements.
- Strong commitment to providing responsible, timely, and top-quality client service with superior work product is necessary
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills (sense of humor is a big plus)
- General understanding of intellectual property, online and mobile advertising, and data issues required
- Background in advertising, privacy, and/or digital media is preferred
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.