Data Engineer/Data Scientist
We are looking for a Data Engineer who can leverage their strong experience with Python and database engineering while gaining exposure and growing into a more formal Data Science role. As the junior member on our Data Science Team you will be responsible for ETL and database work, efficiently parsing and storing data from thousands of financial institutions. You will manage the infrastructure and code base that processes data relating to millions of financial accounts each day. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with the Data Scientists on our team to develop machine learning pipelines to solve large scale classification, clustering, and natural language processing tasks using financial data. The Data Science Team sits at the center of our engineering org, and this role will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on Quovo’s value proposition.
- Build and enhance the ETL codebase for added efficiency and capacity.
- Work with the Data Extraction and Data Science engineers on normalization and analytics processes.
- Help develop and scale machine learning pipelines to provide predictive capabilities as a layer on top of Quovo’s data.
- Monitor key infrastructure components such as databases, SFTP servers, and other parts of the stack.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ETL and/or other “Big Data” processes.
- Experience writing production code in Python (ideally in the context of data processing or data science).
- Strong SQL experience, ideally with MSSQL or PostgreSQL and batch loading processes.
- 3-6 years of engineering experience in a professional environment, but skill fit is a higher priority to us than just work experience.
- Experience with Docker and with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark or Celery is a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Able to work across multiple teams and discuss technical concepts to business development, operations, and other engineers.
About Us: Quovo is the leading provider of account aggregation and data analytics technology for finance. Hundreds of financial institutions, advisors, and fintech companies utilize Quovo technology as the foundation for their service offerings, aggregating and integrating millions of daily transactions. Our office is located in the heart of Manhattan and we offer a full range of benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k), and commuter benefits.