Associate Data Scientist, Consumer Analytics at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Consumer Analytics team is part of the Data Science engine that powers our data-driven culture. We extract meaning from RTR’s many, rich customer interactions and partner with decision makers in Growth, Product, Marketing, and Finance to turn insights into actions. Our team of well-rounded data scientists manages data models, defines and analyzes performance metrics, builds reporting, runs A/B experiments, and develops statistical models.
About the Job:
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will be responsible for shaping and managing the crucial data models that describe our business. You will be a force for the democratization of that data, creating rich reporting and empowering your stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. This role will support both acquisition and retention efforts across all channels and platforms including online and offline, paid and organic, on-site and in-app.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with engineering to ensure we collect data required to support consumer business areas
- Create scalable, reusable datasets with appropriate architecture using our complex data pipeline
- Build dashboards to showcase and disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Define and monitor KPIs in collaboration with the business
- Partner with Data Scientists to streamline model development and performance reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 1-2+ years of hands-on experience with big data; high proficiency using relational databases and writing queries in SQL (experience with dimension modeling is a plus!)
- Experience with consumer and/or eCommerce data is highly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience coding in statistical or scripting computer languages such as R and Python is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Ability and to quickly ramp up on new tools/software
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.