BizOps Data Analyst at Chainalysis
The finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible. The Analytics team sits within the finance department to help grow our data culture and track company performance.
The Business Operations Data Analyst has a mix of technical, business, and analytics skills that allow them uncover and analyze trends, communicate them effectively with stakeholders across the business, and ultimately drive business-decision making. We measure success by how effective you are at unearthing transformative analytics, owning analyses for internal teams and using the insights to instill process improvement throughout the organization.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed strategy and driven the analytics function that serves executives across the business including Finance, Product, and Sales & Marketing
- You’ve upkept company KPI metrics and planned data analysis roadmaps to meet the operational and performance tracking requirements across teams
- You’ve treated our internal data as a product and helped to scale the company’s analytics platforms, trained folks to leverage BI tools, and provided your colleagues with easier access to insights
- You’ve gracefully liaised between business stakeholders and leadership to unearth leading indicators of successful business operations and drive alignment on priorities across business functions
- You’ve worked on strategic projects related to pricing strategy, subscription revenue maintenance, data valuation, geographical expansion, etc. and provided meaningful insights that drove decision-making.
A background like this helps:
- Experience managing analytics projects in a prior role at a finance, consulting or technology focused firm where you became versed at data extraction, interpretation, visualization & reporting (any additional operational experience is a plus)
- Expert skills developing data analytics use cases using BI tools such as Tableau or comparable, including server administration
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, & understanding of how relational databases work. Experience with Python or scripting languages a plus
- Interest in data warehousing, ETL processes, and the AWS toolkit
- Proven track record of conducting technical, yet easily digestible (to a non-technical audience) analyses that drive strategic decisions and initiatives
- Ruthless at prioritization - there’s always more work than can be done, but you know how to focus on the few things that matter most
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills - you’re passionate about storytelling via data!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. We can’t wait to meet you.
Below you'll see some questions about how you identify yourself with various demographic groups which helps us ensure we're complying with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Act. Completing this information is totally voluntary, however, your participation enables us to build initiatives that improve our ability to hire and retain diverse talent, evaluate our performance against our diversity goals, and ultimately build a better company. As a friendly reminder, this data is totally anonymous and not associated with your candidacy or contact information. Thank you in advance for helping us bolster the diversity, equity, and inclusion programs here at Chainalysis.