Business Analyst III at 2U
What We’re Looking For
2U is a SaaS-based education technology company that enables leading colleges and universities to deliver high quality education to qualified students anywhere. We are looking for a Business Analyst to work closely with our project management and engineering teams to design processes and systems for the standup of launch of new University programs. You will be challenged to manage complex relationships and processes, to improve team efficiency, and to meet business goals. As a member of the Implementation team, you will have the opportunity to work with all of 2U’s technical systems, our technical product teams, and with our business operations teams as well.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Analyzing and evolving technical program standup processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Developing a detailed understanding of business operations needs and processes so program technical infrastructure can be adapted to suit
- Creating documentation, presentations, and data analysis in support of Implementation operations
- Liaising with technical product teams to ensure product updates take implementation imperatives into account and that the implementation team is prepared to onboard revised products
- Communicating strategically and diplomatically with internal stakeholders
- Gathering program requirements and translating business needs into technical specifications
- Supporting the Director of Technical Implementation on all matters related to team methodology, performance, and system design
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analysis or in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data analysis and reporting tools, databases and business process design
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process, determine needs and clearly articulate as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products
- Experience gathering, reviewing and analyzing technical requirements
- Familiarity with standard software development methods, processes, and SDLC
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Proven aptitude for solving complex logical problems
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.