Business Analyst, Strategy and Growth at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for a Business and Strategy Analyst to join our Analytics and Data Science team in our NYC Headquarters to drive our consumer subscription business to the next level. The ideal candidate has strong business acumen, financial analysis and planning expertise, experience working for a subscription business, ability to identify, query, and analyze the relevant data, choose metrics and develop models that drive critical business decisions, and wants to bring these talents into a “for purpose” space. The person filling this role will join a growing team of analysts responsible for exploring all aspects of Talkspace’s data to understand customer acquisition, engagement, and retention and driving initiatives that support growth.
Who you are
- You engage with senior leadership and and are able to collaborate effectively across business functions, including financial analysts, marketeers, product managers and product developers to drive strategy and business growth.
- You are passionate about using data to deliver actionable insights to your partners.
- You are a hardworking top performer who is able to crunch the numbers and critically think through strategic issues, explore revenue and growth strategies using data-driven models, and take product solutions to the next phase.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You value teamwork, innovation, quality, execution, and kindness.
What you’ll do
- Apply the tools of exploratory data analysis and statistical inference and modeling to understand trends, identify characteristic patterns and growth opportunities, predict churn, attribute signup/purchase to the right channels, and reduce uncertainties that come with the subscription business.
- Make product recommendations (e.g. cross-platform analysis, behavior analysis, feature analysis, engagement/churn, cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment. analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders
- Collaborate with data & engineering teams to ensure that we are instrumenting the right data and that our data model design supports our analytics needs.
- Work with teams throughout Talkspace on how to frame and scope analyses, leverage our data and tooling most effectively, and apply analytics best practices.
- Gather market insights and translate them into actionable initiatives for our product and marketing teams
- Use advanced modeling to gain understanding of the drivers of customer behavior
- Work closely with the business and finance teams to define the key operational and financial metrics
- Construct and deliver clear, concise oral and written presentations of findings, key product and user performance metrics and management recommendations
What you’ll need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Master’s degree preferred), preferably in a quantitative field like mathematics, econometrics, statistics, finance etc.
- Professional experience (at least two years) working with data for a subscription business
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills are a requirement. Experience with Python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, statsmodels) is a plus
- Very strong analytical, reporting and visualization skills
- Strong data intuition (you have a good nose for identifying and interpreting trends and anomalies in our data and can prioritize and execute an efficient data deep dive)
- Curiosity combined with business thought leadership and strategic thinking: your analyses are oriented around driving impact and value
- Experience working with large, multisource data sets and usage of analytics to drive business and product strategy
- Strong attention to detail and great passion for data integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- The skill to explain complicated analyses in an easy way to colleagues and management
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible environment where change is part of the day-to-day environment
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.