Business Analyst at Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies create a better workplace experience for their teams by providing the first software built specifically for office professionals, support from dedicated workplace experts, and access to vetted commercial service providers.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
Team ROI (Revenue Operations & Insights team) drives revenue for go-to-market teams (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Account Management) through development and ownership of robust reporting infrastructure, project-based team enablement, definition of cross-team handoffs, and day-to-day operational needs. We are looking to hire a Business Analyst to help expand the breadth and depth of Team ROI’s impact, especially in support of scaling and expanding the business. This is a highly cross-functional position with significant potential for impact on the company’s success.
- Become intimately familiar with Q’s internal ecosystem of teams, processes and tools
- Identify high-impact opportunities to improve go-to-market teams’ processes and tech stack
- Move quickly to plan effective solutions to known problems, and work with stakeholders across teams (including Sales, Marketing, Biz Ops, Expansion, Customer Success and Engineering) to implement them
- Play a critical role in developing centralized, accurate and well-defined reporting to provide an integrated picture into performance at all levels
- Develop and socialize an informed point of view on performance at the company-, team- and rep-level, and partner with Finance to help stakeholders set ambitious but realistic goals.
- You excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional role
- Your work is accurate and precise, but you can still move quickly to meet business needs
- You are a relentless organizer and prioritizer, easily juggling multiple projects at once
- You proactively look for problems to solve and enjoy taking initiative
- You enjoy tackling challenging problems and ambiguous situations
- You are equally comfortable seeing the big picture and “getting into the weeds”
- You are willing to do whatever the business needs you to
Experience & skills
- 2-3 years experience with project management and business analytics in operational and/or consulting roles within a high-output, challenging environment
- Strong expertise in Excel and/or Google Sheets (advanced functions, pivot tables, toggle-based models)
- 1-2 years experience with data querying using any dialect of SQL (familiarity with Looker is a big plus)
- Ability to learn new tools and systems as needed (Salesforce, Outreach, Hubspot etc.)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills – success in a cross-functional project will be determined in a large part by your ability to build trust and get buy-in from stakeholders as needed
- Experience in the B2B tech startup space is strongly preferred
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.