Business Intelligence Analyst
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than five years since our launch, Newsela is already in 90% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers, and engaged readers are better learners.
We are looking for a BI Analyst, that will primarily be supporting our Sales team. The requests typically relate to our product usage, financial metrics, and Saleforce.com (SFDC) system. This candidate should have relevant experience in a technical discipline where they have used SQL in a data gathering capacity. Also have used Salesforce as a part of their daily routine and background building reports within a business intelligence tool. This role resides under the Data team where you will be working directly with data scientists, analysts, engineers, and data visualization experts.
- Provide assistance with sales team questions, create and maintain documentation, accommodate ad-hoc user requests, and develop reporting.
- Provide direct user support on SFDC reporting tools and querying the data warehouse directly using SQL.
- Design and develop reports to provide sales performance analysis and insights for executive leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline( computer science, mathematics, business administration etc) or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years of experience in analytics and or BI reporting environment
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC)
- Relevant experience with database systems and analytical tools.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning abilities.
- Experience in using a dashboarding tool ( Looker, Qlick, Tableau)
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift
- Experience using Panda data frame or Jupyter Notebook