Capacity Planner at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about connecting the dots and using data to solve complex capacity planning problems.
The Capacity Planner will report to our Manager, Capacity Planning on our Infrastructure team. We are looking for a curiosity and data driven individual to join our growing team. This individual will drive optimized server deployments with a keen eye to budget management, assist in planning for future products and advise on the state of our global capacity to internal teams.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform scenario analysis with a focus on impact to capacity utilization to advise on infrastructure projects under guidance
- Orchestrate capacity projects as part of larger infrastructure initiatives as it pertains to server, network and data center capacity
- Understand and analyze forecast changes/trends to develop and manage strategic deployment plans
- Coordinate with Procurement, Logistics, and Datacenter teams to execute and minimize risks on server deployment plans across global data centers
- Work with Supply Chain to determine the 12-mo supply view, address vendor challenges, and impact of hardware version changes
- Develop and maintain capacity dashboards to monitor and manage capacity shifts
- Provide support to Sales & Customer Success and Product teams
- Contribute to capital budget planning process at an annual, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Build & run “what-if” capacity usage scenarios to support predictive budget planning and capacity impact
- Apply data analysis to inform business decisions prioritizing operational trade-offs and capital spend
- Distill large data sets to form recommendations to a larger cross-functional team
- Prior experience in a planning role, preferably at a web infrastructure company
- Comfortable with basic computing concepts and terminology
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with cross-functional teams to coordinate operations and activities between departments
- Intermediate understanding of accounting terminology
- Experience in managing data structures (using Excel, SQL) to build reports and run analysis
- Ability to make recommendations in an ambiguous environment
- Interest in creating and streamlining processes
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Exposure to—or interest in—cloud services, data center, networking and various types of server technology would be beneficial
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!