The Data Analyst’s main role is to be the point of contact for all data requirements in the organization and support the business units with data insights to improve business decision and business opportunities. The Data Analyst will mainly work on the Data Warehouse (Amazon Redshift) and Tableau as a BI tool to collect and define business opportunities, define the strategy and methodology for analytics in the company, generate reports and dashboard and come up with process changes and business suggestions.
The best candidate will have a unique skill of business understanding with technical analytic skills, positive attitude and good communication skill to work with high level of business leaders. This role will be exposed to the entire data base in the organization and will need to provide immediate impact across sales, marketing, support and product organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the strategy and analytic best practice in the organization
- Oversee business performance metrics and trending analysis; make recommendations to management where improvement is indicated
- Work closely with leaders of Product, Sales, Marketing, and Operations to setup and provide data, insights, and ad hoc analyses for business decision making
- Segment customers along a variety of behavioral and attitudinal factors to improve MakerBot’s understanding of customer and printing behavior
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports, which will enable business leaders to drive business performance
- Help develop advanced statistical models to address customer life time value, channel impact, marketing attribution, user behavior and other business questions
- All-around talent, you can think through a complex business problem and solve it
- Strong SQL coding skills (additional coding skill is preferred – Python)
- Proficiency in advanced quantitative/statistical modeling, optimization techniques, etc.
- Ability to interpret, and visually convey data results to generate insights
- Proficiency in Tableau, R, or similar statistical/visualization/dashboarding tools
- Experience building reports and telling stories with data
- Highly organized, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or related fields
- 4+ years professional experience dealing with analytics and consultation to internal departments
- Exceptionally organized self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Expert in SQL of any flavor. Additional analytic coding is a plus
- Experience in data collection/analysis, reporting, and database programming. Understanding of basic business process.
- Experience with self-service BI tool sets such as Tableau
- Experience building data visualizations to illustrate complex concepts
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.