Data Science at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. We are advancing our tech capabilities and learning to leverage our hordes of data to develop innovative machine learning applications. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking analytics managers like yourself.
Our data team serves Policygenius through data engineering, data analysis and data science. Our goal is to help uncover opportunities and make decisions with data. We partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing and numerous stakeholders across the company to develop deeper predictors of behavior and build solutions to optimize our internal and external experiences.
In this role, you will…
- Partner with data and marketing leadership and execute the marketing analytics roadmap
- Work collaboratively with the growth marketing team and additional stakeholders and assist them on the three fronts of analytics: monitoring and measurement, research and experimentation
- Drive analytical projects such as marketing mix optimization, targeting strategies and attribution strategies
- Help our teams move beyond visualizations and utilize inferential and causal modeling to uncover deeper trends from a quantitative perspective, and design and test interventions
- Create visualizations intended to monitor business performance or uncover interesting trends to investigate
- Lead the test and learn process we use for exploratory data analysis and A/B testing. This includes helping PM’s decide on testing strategy, generating baselines, approximating sample sizes and performing analysis of test results
- Structure and lead our strategic framework from an analytical perspective on your team
- Partner with data engineering on new data pipelines and ingestion requests as well as advise on data model improvements
- Wrangle and stitch together many disparate data sources and uncover deep insights to drive your team forward
- Mentor data analyst team members and learn from data scientists to advance into predictive and algorithmic solutions
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 2 - 3 years of marketing analytics experience focused on analyzing data centered around customer acquisition, retention and growth
- You have experience pulling data from 3rd party sources such as Facebook and Google and can combine with internal data sources and familiarity with tag and pixel management
- You are comfortable with analytics platforms, but can also code in R or Python and use SQL/relational cloud databases
- You understand statistics and base models such as linear and logistic regression and possibly segmentation methods and can pick up other techniques such as time series analysis, outlier and anomaly detection, categorical data analysis and more!
- You are familiar with marketing techniques such as cohort analysis, marketing mix optimization, multi touch attribution
- You are familiar with consumer facing marketing and product metrics such as CAC, CPA, conversion rate, LTV
- You have a background in math, statistics, computer science, business, marketing, strategy or another scientific or business field
- You can communicate with a team and articulate ideas to both team members and non-technical stakeholders
- You have a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- You have experience with relational cloud databases like Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, but also comfortable working with unstructured files and datasets
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Technologies You Will Use
- Python or R for machine learning algorithms and analysis
- Google Cloud Platform: Kubernetes, Cloud SQL, Cloud Functions, PubSub, BigQuery, DataStore, and more: we keep adopting new tools as we grow
- Airflow for data pipelining
- Tableau for data visualization and consumer facing dashboards
- Many more to come!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!