Data Science at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. We are advancing our tech capabilities and learning to leverage our hordes of data to develop innovative machine learning applications. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking data analysts like yourself.
Our data science team builds machine learning applications that are embedded into our consumer facing applications or power our processes to make us more efficient. However, before getting to that point there is a lot of research and many hypotheses need to be tested to generate learnings we can later automate with machine learning. We partner with Product, Design, Engineering and numerous stakeholders across the company to develop deeper predictors of behavior and help reinforce decisions intended to optimize our internal and external experiences.
In this role, you will…
- Partner with a business stakeholder or product team to help move their analytical strategy forward
- Create visualizations intended to monitor business performance or uncover interesting trends to investigate
- Lead the test and learn process we use for exploratory data analysis and A/B testing. This includes helping PM’s decide on testing strategy, generating baselines, approximating sample sizes, and performing analysis of test results
- Help our teams move beyond visualizations and utilize inferential and causal modeling to uncover deeper trends from a quantitative perspective, and design and test intervention hypotheses
- Structure and lead our strategic framework from an analytical perspective on your team
- Partner with data engineering on new data pipelines and ingestion requests as well as advise on data model improvements
- Wrangle and stitch together many disparate data sources and uncover deep insights to drive your team forward
- Mentor data analyst team members and learn from data scientists to advance into predictive and algorithmic solutions
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 3+ years of experience as an analyst working in a consumer facing business and coding in Python or R while using SQL/relational cloud databases
- You have a background in math, statistics, computer science, or related technical field
- You have experience with web analysis such as creating product funnels, user behavior, and paths
- You have experience with designing and analyzing experiments including but not limited to A/B testing
- You have a generative mindset and creative sense how to apply analytics in a thoughtful manner that will drive product performance
- You understand statistics and base models such as linear and logistic regression and possibly segmentation methods and can pick up other techniques such as time series analysis, outlier and anomaly detection, categorical data analysis and more!
- You have experience working on and partnering with product teams, collaborating with other data science team members, and can articulate ideas to both team members and non-technical stakeholders
- You have a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Technologies You Will Use
- Python or R for machine learning algorithms and analysis.
- Google Cloud Platform: Kubernetes, Cloud SQL, Cloud Functions, PubSub, BigQuery, DataStore, and more: we keep adopting new tools as we grow!
- Airflow for data pipelining.
- Tableau for data visualization and consumer facing dashboards.
- Many more to come!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!