About the Role
The Data Analyst will be a member of SecurityScorecard’s Data Science team, contributing to analysis and reporting projects for internal customers, and contributing to the evolution of our cybersecurity software platform.
Security Scorecard’s Data Science team is a critical contributor to developing new metrics, tools, analytics, algorithms, and visualizations to provide critical insights and competitive advantage.
This an excellent opportunity for a data analyst who is compelled by projects that make an important impact in a start-up organization, and by working in partnership with a team of PhD data scientists.
- Respond to analysis requests from internal customers across the organization to develop insights and support business decisions
- Gather, compile and analyze data from multiple data sources
- Participate in larger, ongoing data science initiatives around machine learning, predictive modeling, and platform analytics
- Create meaningful data visualizations
- Contribute to team operational efficiency by developing documentation and managing repository of tool libraries
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years work experience in a data analytics or business intelligence capacity
- High level of proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Experience with Python required (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn)
- Experience with reporting and data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with statistics and machine learning
- Scala experience a plus
- Business acumen; interest in, and ability to understand the context of requests and consult internal customers on needs
- Intellectual curiosity; thrives in a continuous learning environment
- Multi-tasking; ability to manage multiple projects.
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously and targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience and Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization and alignment with these values is as important as your skills.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.