As a Data Analytics Associate at StrongArm you will play a vital role in creating and delivering insights to our clients. You will be leading the data analysis, reporting, and insights delivery for all of StrongArm’s clients. As a member of the Data Team, you will have access to a massive dataset of IoT sensor data focused on improved workplace safety. You will be a key player in developing new features and insights to improve the lives of workers using analytics and data science.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative - with our Client Team, Data Team, and our clients. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial. You will present data analysis frequently to external clients, and will need to to build relationships and narratives using data.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a significant analytics background and experience with delivering technical presentations to varied audiences. We are looking for a self-starter with a solid foundation of statistical principles, combined with a desire to be the go-to person for data analysis in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
- Create and present all technical reports and data analysis to clients and partners
- Collaborate with clients and Client Team on a daily basis. Use data to meet their needs and create compelling stories and client relationships through data
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Engineers to create new product features and capabilities using our unique data and insights
- Develop new analysis capabilities to expand StrongArm’s ability to deliver insights
- Ensure solid analysis principles and data practices are used throughout all levels of the organization
- Design and execute statistical studies for product improvement and insights
- Deliver scientifically sound analysis and presentations to external partners
- Manage SQL and cloud-based database systems used for data analysis
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis, business analysis, consulting, statistics, engineering, or other similarly analytical roles
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a technical or quantitative field
- A passion for using data to craft insights, tell stories, and use visualizations to help solve real-world problems
- Extensive experience giving presentations to many audiences, ranging from scientific, non-technical, through senior leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Experience following scientific research methodology and sound analytical practices
- Proficiency in statistical testing, data visualization best practices, data mining, and a good understanding of database design and management
- Proficiency in SQL. Knowledge of Python, R, or scripting languages a plus
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker and Tableau a big plus
- Desire to grow, learn, and expand responsibilities within the Data Team in a fast-paced start-up environment
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.