IEX Cloud is a data infrastructure and delivery platform for financial and alternative data sets. We build high performance APIs and real time streaming data services used by hundreds of thousands of applications and developers. Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database and messaging technologies.
In this role, you will provide leadership in establishing data standards across the tech organization by creating well-defined data models, promote data specifications and standard formats, build and maintain a metadata graph, implement data management workflows, and drive data quality. As a part of the Data team, you will work with Engineering and Product teams to implement scalable data solutions.
What you'll do:
- Drive and lead the development of data standards across the platform including Knowledge Graph architecture strategy and roadmap.
- Define the strategy and implement framework that will drive formalized accountability of data and ensure an effective enterprise data management.
- Be responsible for the continual design and construction of an optimized and purpose-built graph database architecture that promotes performance, scalability, and ease of support.
- Work with stakeholders and Product Managers to understand data model and business requirements and translate those requirements into solutions.
- Work with the Site Reliability Engineering team for end-to-end CI/CD deployment of the Knowledge Graphs and associated processes.
- Produce and maintain system design architecture diagram and technical documentation.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 10+ years experience in engineering or data.
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Strong knowledge of graph and traditional SQL database solutions.
- Expert public cloud experience.
- Hands on experience with Graph Query languages (Gremlin, CQL, Cypher, Apache TinkerPop, SPARQL, etc.).
- Experience with distributed data frameworks like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Experience with setting up data pipelines and building reliable datasets with graph and columnar databases.
- Experience working in or developing for a Linux environment.
- Experience with ML and NLP
- Experience analyzing and modeling unstructured data
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including Python, Node.js, or Java
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Theano.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.