Data Scientist at Teampay
At Teampay, we believe in a world where finance teams create a more efficient business with less friction and happier employees. Our distributed spend management software modernizes how companies manage spending by delivering intelligent automation, robust integrations, and a delightful user experience.
Top-performing finance teams leverage Teampay to gain control and visibility into spending, while empowering employees to move at the speed of business. Led by an experienced team with prior exits, Teampay has raised double-digit millions of capital from prominent venture investors including CrossCut Ventures, Tribe Capital, Precursor Ventures, and CoVenture.
We're an agile team building software that’s revolutionizing how companies spend their money. Joining Teampay at this early stage is an opportunity to grow your skill set, build a company, and get paid to do it.About the role
We are looking for a well rounded data scientist who enjoys solving data modeling and engineering problems from end-to-end. At Teampay, your role will encompass working on enhancing the product with Machine Learning or statistical solutions to common problems; financial engineering and fraud; and supporting the Business Intelligence needs for the company as a whole.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Develop and maintain outlier detection systems
- Building pipelines and infrastructure to support modeling and analysis work, as well as processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Design and implement models used to extract important data from user input
- Contribute to the design and growth of our machine learning platform
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments across our products
- Work with internal stakeholders and engineers to build out internal data schema and BI tooling
Common Candidate Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of scientific computing languages (e.g. Python, R) and SQL
- Understanding of common machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data extraction, outlier detection, and other common ML/statistically-solvable problems
- A high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ)
You're a builder. You work towards a “growth mindset” including experience in the controlled chaos of a startup. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious and agile in thought and action. You value authenticity and possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic and look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail and always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in and be responsive when the pressure is on.Interested?
You can learn more about the product at www.teampay.co and if you’d like to apply, please include a cover letter with three most admired B2B sales pitches (could be yours or others) & why you chose those examples.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status