Data Scientist at Latch
Latch's data team is continuing to be build from the ground up. We plan to cover all aspects of the firm's data strategy: analysis, engineering, science, etc.. We are firm believers of bringing in smart people that can define the roles for themselves, so come join us and start creating greatness.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Understand the data gathered across the entire Latch organization
- Analyze the data and extract insights
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, both engineering and business counterparts
- Work closely with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to implement production ready systems
- Create and train models for predictions, forecasts, classification, fuzzy matching, etc.
- MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of data science experience
- Good level of understanding in Python, R or Scala
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent grasp of statistics
- Experience with notebook tools such as Jupyter, Zeppelin or Databricks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in building up a model from scratch and deploying it to production
- Experience in visualizing the data and sharing with users
- Experience with Map-Reduce technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Understanding of basic software engineering concepts
- Experiencing in productionizing machine learning models
- Acute sense of data analysis: being able to make sense out of many seemingly unrelated datasets
- A penchant for learning technology and helping out with establishing the data infrastructure
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice