Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our R&D team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing data products throughout our organization. You will collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, product managers, social workers, psychologists, and scientists.
We are creating the future of mental healthcare: within your first year, you’ll discover something no human ever knew before about mental health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop analytics and secure reporting approaches for a high-performing network of mental health providers
- Work with product and engineering teams to improve user acquisition, patient adherence, and clinical outcomes
- Develop data infrastructure to ingest and integrate multiple data sources, ETL, validate, and create automated reports for clients
- Design and build data deliverables across multiple contexts, such as: claims analyses/financial ROI, longitudinal treatment outcomes, provider quality, and risk stratification algorithms
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS in Psychology, Economics, Biology, Biochemistry, or other STEM-related field.
- Fluency in R
- Strong presentation skills — fluently tell a compelling clinical or business story with data
- Strong written communication skills — quickly compose client-facing communications or publications for peer-review
- Experience with Git, Python, SQL, parallel/distributed computing, cloud computing, and other data science toolkits
- Experience or knowledge of traditional statistics, e.g. measures of central tendency, descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics
- Possess the initiative and ability to self-direct projects and solve unconventional problems
- Proximity to NYC: minimum 2 days per week in our NY HQ, max 3 days remote
What we’d love to see (Bonus):
- STEM PhD— especially in Applied Sciences (e.g. Biostatistics, Psychiatry, Psychology, Biological Sciences), or 3-4 years of equivalent data analysis experience
- Experience using any of the following data: EMR, clinical trials, claims data, longitudinal
- Demonstrated passion for, and understanding of, mental illness and broader U.S. healthcare system
- Experience programming and testing statistical/machine learning models
- Experience using data visualization techniques to present key findings
- Ability to quickly and independently pick up concepts and skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with operations, product, engineering, and design teams
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
If you're interested in the role, please submit your CV/Resume via email to [email protected]
, along with one code sample and one writing sample.
The code samples can be in any language, and the writing sample should either be 250 words, or include a 250 word abstract. Communication skills are really important to us, and we are particularly looking for a simple, direct writing style and the ability to articulate a question and research methodology clearly.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.