Data Specialist (8 month contract role) at Whip Media Group
The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built a unique Content Value Management (CVM) platform for B2B that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, TV Time, the world’s largest TV and movie tracking app with millions of users around the world. Want to be the next on board?
We're looking for a data specialist to help our Business Operations team with an exciting consulting project for one of our biggest studio clients! To be successful in this role, you should be detail oriented and highly attentive when working with data sets of varying sizes and kinds. This role will encompass using both our in-house built tools as well as Microsoft Excel for data input, Q/A, and management.
How you will contribute:
- Data tracking, maintenance and QA
- Data and contract analysis
- Data and contract input
- Internal and external communication on key statuses, deliverables, and metrics
- Ownership of all assigned tasks, with time management and diligence to hit deadlines given
- Consistent support to the team and clients through excelling data management
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Favorable but not required relevant experience in accounting and or/financial reporting, contract management, or paralegal experience, preferably in the media, broadcast or entertainment industry.
- Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office’s Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Good pop culture IQ
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Friday and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.