Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
New York, NY
Galaxy Digital is a diversified merchant bank dedicated to the digital assets and blockchain technology industry, structured into four service areas: Principal Investing, Asset Management, Advisory and Trading. Galaxy Digital’s multi-disciplinary team has extensive experience spanning investing, portfolio management, capital markets, operations, and blockchain technology. While the firm is a start-up, it is also publicly traded in Canada and Frankfurt with regulated operations in the U.S., Canada, Hong Kong, London and Tokyo.
We're seeking a DBA to continue building and maintaining the future state data platform. You'll be expected to define architectures and prototype technology components required to instantiate our future data capabilities. We expect that you are fluent in all things data, and you also understand the nuances of financial services and specifically trading and lending businesses. You'll need to know how to approach, interpret, and extrapolate from big data sets. You will be expected to contribute immediately. You'll be a part of a dynamic, collaborative team that wants to hear your input because you know the leading methods, tools, and theories in data architecture.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
- Work with developers to review schema and SQL changes to application software and make recommendations when needed; assist in creating queries and stored procedures
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-ups, and recovery specifications.
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
- Maintain, monitor, performance-tune and support complex, mission-critical databases in an operational 24x7 enterprise environment, including owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Required to work after hours to support production issues or scheduled maintenance or database releases.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, and 5 years of general technical background working in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience in database analysis/development/report design/building experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in PostgreSQL as a Database Administrator/Architect
- At least 3 years of experience in designing database schemas
- Proven ability within the database performance and query optimization arena.
- Experience working in a cloud environment like AWS/Google cloud.
- Experience setting up and managing PostgreSql on AWS RDS
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture Python Development.
- Knowledge of other SQL and NoSQL database architectures
- Experience with data architecture, logical and physical design, reporting and analysis.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Can manage multiple tasks simultaneously; is adept at managing competing priorities
- Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to work successfully as an individual contributor or as a team member
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team