About the role…
Are you passionate about finding insights from data, turning insights into action, and instilling others with the same passion? In the Director of Business Analytics role, you will lead a team solving challenging problems with data to support both day-to-day decisions as well as key strategic initiatives across the enterprise, with particular emphasis on sales and operations functions. You will work closely with both business and technical stakeholders, including our founders and senior leadership team. This role reports to the Head of Strategy & Business Operations.
In this role, you will…
- Manage and scale a sophisticated analytics team that can tackle the next stage of challenges facing Policygenius
- Coach analysts to help them realize their potential
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner to leaders throughout Policygenius to guide business decisions through frameworks, metrics and ad hoc analysis
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new opportunities and methods
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 6+ years of experience with a mix of business analytics in a high growth or complex business and/or strong analytical exposure through a role at a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank
- You've spent at least 2+ years hiring and managing analysts, with bonus points if you have built the team from scratch
- You bring a diversity of functional experience in analytics, including creation of dashboards, models, ad hoc analysis and data-oriented presentations
- You’ve demonstrated exceptional business intuition and conceptual thinking, with the ability to readily map business processes to the appropriate metrics and suggest hypothesis-driven analysis that efficiently deliver insights
- You have a proven track record of mentoring and developing the careers of analysts
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You thrive in a startup environment
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!