Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
As our Director of Business Intelligence & Insights, you will lead and own the direction and execution of our global intelligence initiatives globally, including cross-functional intelligence framework, data sources, analysis, synthesis, and insights to impact decisions both big and small across all departments. Your team will be the central brain trust of the organization, tasked with building out our knowledge base, establishing meaningful success metrics, identifying user pain points and pushing the organization to think critically about our customers, our products, and our business models. Our organization embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, data-driven decision making and collaboration, and your role as the Director of Business Intelligence & Insights will be a key contributor to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work. You will report to our VP of Growth.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end vision and execution of the organization's global Business Intelligence group, growing and shaping our company's collective intelligence about our customers, our products, our progress, and our place in the world
- You will directly manage and grow our nascent analytics team into a world class business intelligence function, including a consulting operating model with all of our department heads to deliver insights, analytics, and research to drive value to the organization using data as a competitive advantage
- You will provide leadership and mentorship, define goals, track performance, develop people and solutions, prioritize projects and execute global programs that empower action oriented insights for all departments
- You will be a close ally and thought partner for our leaders in product, marketing, partnerships, finance, customer support, and other functions to understand and build a data infrastructure that supports their need for intel
Who You Are
- You are data-obsessed and action-oriented, creative, resourceful, ethical, self-motivated and disciplined.
- You started at the bottom and worked your way up learning the importance of each aspect of building a great BI function and how to run it with success. Now, you're looking to build one just the way you dreamed, as a true partner to the organization.
- You have a strong technical foundation but are interested in doing more than the technical stuff, including creating systems designed for people, optimizing data sources, using data to tell a compelling story that results in action, building trusting relationships with stakeholders around the org, and cultivating talent so they thrive and feel the impact that their work can have on the business.
What We’re Looking For
- Varied BI, consulting and/or startup experience, with growing leadership responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience in order to influence decision making at the highest levels.
- Ability to get your hands dirty with tools like SQL, Python, R, MatLab, D3, and Tableau.
- Passion for managing, hiring and mentoring a global team of high performing automation and visualization experts, data analysts, data scientists and researchers who can further the company's goals and vision.
- Advanced degree in analytics, statistics, data science and/or operations research preferred but not required. High performers come from all backgrounds.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.