Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
The Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics will be charged with leading and developing global initiatives across all departments. S/he will drive collaboration across the business while pushing the team to think critically and with a customer-focused mindset. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end vision of the Business Intelligence group providing leadership, defining goals, tracking performance, developing teams and solutions, prioritizing projects and execution of global programs that empower action oriented insights for all departments
- You will partner with the leaders of product, finance, and engineering infrastructure to establish the overall data model and architecture to enable accurate, transparent, and up-to-date information for decision making
- You will grow a nascent analytics team into a world class business intelligence function with an internal customer-focused operating model to deliver reporting, dashboards, insights, analytics, and data-driven operational assets to drive value to the organization using data as a competitive advantage
- Establish the process standards and governance structure to ensure data integrity
Who You Are
- You started at the bottom and worked your way up learning the importance of each aspect of building a great BI function and run it with success. Now, you're looking to build one just the way you dreamed, as a true partner to the organization.
- You know how to do more than the technical stuff, you can define key strategic questions for all parts of the business (i.e. people, marketing, finance, etc) and use data to tell a compelling story that results in action.
- You value more than technical skills and processes, you know people design systems and input data making it all possible and love to develop talent so they thrive and feel the impact their work can have on the business.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of BI experience, with 5+ in growing leadership roles managing a global team. BS in engineering or statistics, advanced degree in business or analytics preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships with business partner teams across the organization to influence how BI can enable new sources of value.
- Passion for an experience mentoring and coaching of employee(s) to ensure personal/team growth and achievement of company goals or objectives.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Ability to get your hands dirty with SQL, Python, R, Tableau.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.