The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
So, if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious to the world (and have fun doing it!), then we want to talk.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Commercial Activation team partners with Sales and Client Service at The Trade Desk to provide best-in-class strategic pitch materials – rich in storytelling – and reactive support for RFPs and RFIs. The team also works cross-functionally with product, marketing, business intelligence, training, and other teams to ensure alignment between sales collateral and The Trade Desk’s capabilities, product features, roadmaps, advertising solutions, and positioning within the broader AdTech ecosystem.
As the Director, Commercial Activation, you’ll lead a team of Commercial Activation Managers to coordinate the development and execution of revenue-driving initiatives in partnership with commercial stakeholders. You have a passion for synthesizing complex solutions into simplified sales narratives that clearly communicate The Trade Desk’s value to advertisers; you can also effectively coach the team on becoming more compelling storytellers. You will become a subject matter expert on The Trade Desk’s platform to ensure consistency in advertiser communications. With that expertise, you will be responsible for the creation of sales collateral that explains technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. You are a strategic thinker, proactive, detail-oriented, and data-driven with an eye for curating client-facing materials. You lead by example and enjoy coaching using effective feedback, guidance, and mentorship. You embrace ambiguity and thrive in a dynamic, challenging, ever-changing environment and will be a key consultant to sales leadership and front-line sellers. You love marketing, you have an affinity for AdTech and Big Data, and you want to play an instrumental role in the future of advertising.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strategic Partnership: work with sales and client service, including regional leadership, on in-market narratives and bespoke pitch development for client-facing meetings; project manage entire process from concept to completion; co-pitch complex solutions with sales as appropriate
- Tactical Execution: collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and manage the execution of reactive requests, including RFIs/RFPs, to ensure accurate and customized responses that maximize The Trade Desk’s chances for winning new opportunities
- Client Communications: collaborate with sales and marketing to develop client-facing communications (newsletters, training sessions, etc.) to keep The Trade Desk top of mind and reinforce in-market messaging and new product roll-outs
- Collateral Creation: anticipate the commercial team’s need for new materials and insights by regularly meeting with stakeholders and attending client pitches to gain a first-hand understanding of how current materials are “landing” and current client challenges, priorities, and objections
- Sales Training: partner with product marketing to develop and implement training sessions for key releases of materials and sales decks to ensure that client messaging is consistent from industry-wide press releases to daily sales calls
- Customer Advocacy: become a consultant to internal stakeholders by understanding and sharing client (agency or advertiser) needs, relevant regional/vertical/competitive business dynamics, and a strong POV about The Trade Desk’s positioning in the marketplace
- Team Leadership: lead and coach an agile team on strategy creation and execution, sales support best practices, media planning and storytelling; facilitate team development through hands-on management and mentorship
- 8+ years of relevant experience in sales development, media planning, digital strategy, sales/corporate strategy or consulting; ideally within AdTech, the broader digital media industry, the television or streaming industry, at a SaaS company, or media consulting firm
- Experience leading a team, including demonstrated ability to set team priorities to meet team goals and to successfully manage and coach individual team members
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry strongly preferred; comfort with online advertising metrics and KPIs required
- Strong relationship management skills; previous experience in a role where you’ve successfully built consensus cross-functionally and amongst both leadership and your peers
- Multi-dimensional, creative thinker: excellence at thinking analytically, strategically, and tactically; ability to formulate a cohesive, data-based, narrative while storytelling in a compelling & concise way
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Team player who leads discussions; organically shares best practices and knowledge with others
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce deliverables on-time at a very high bar
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.