Director, Data Office at Collibra
We're ushering in the era of Data Intelligence.
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a data office team lead to scale our newly created data office. This role will report to the CTO and Cofounder and will be an integral part in helping Collibra’s rapid growth and our thought leading position in data intelligence.
This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves position and requires a passion for data, and a capability to turn data into insights, decisions and actions. You’ll be a leading example for the team, demonstrate a collaborative mindset for interaction across the organization, and are unable to shed a continued enthusiasm for new (data) technology. You are excited to promote an insights-driven data culture.
In this position, you will help shape the company’s data strategy and execute it to generate value from data. You’ll be responsible for the data architecture, building data products and managing the internal data processes at Collibra. The ideal candidate has a high EQ as you’ll interact with key senior stakeholders across the organization (Sales, Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, …), and drive an enabling community of practice around data and analytics. The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and use cases, and prioritize work across teams to support broader mission initiatives.
A day in the life of a Director, Data Office at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Evolving the data and analytics strategy, translate it to 3, 6 and 12+ month plans and drive and monitor daily execution
- Build, lead and grow the data team in a mission to generate business value from data by delivering data products
- Shape and grow the data architecture to a production ready infrastructure that enables all data and analytics stakeholders across the company to build data products, and that “keeps the lights on” for all data products
- Partner and build relations with senior business stakeholders from Sales, Finance, Product, … to drive and prioritize requirements for new data products
- Be a leading voice on data and analytics in (and outside) Collibra, including by presenting to leadership and broad team forums
- Contribute to our data intelligence thought leadership by generating new knowledge (e.g., new data technology, best practice, opinions, …) and translating it to collateral for broader audience (in partnership with Field and Marketing), as well as by sharing best practices and nurturing an internal community of excellence on data and analytics
- 3 - 10 years of experience building and leading data and analytics teams
- 5+ years experience performing data and analytics projects, ideally in a context in or very close to business functions
- Experience with cloud-based data infrastructures (AWS, Azure, or GCP), SQL, Python/R, and dashboarding (e.g., Tableau)
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and discipline
Also nice to have:
- Solid conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science. Understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges.
- Proficiency in math, statistics, economics, engineering (or sociology/psychology with strong quantitative background) or a related field.
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization.
- Experience in projects involving cross-functional teams and leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
- Proven track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a fast paced environment.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Unlimited Vacation
- $60 per month towards your mobile
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer. Collibra considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class