Director, Strategy & Development at Stash
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
We are looking for a Director of Strategy & Development who is highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about shaping the strategic direction of Stash as well as leadimg crucial strategic partnerships. In this role, you will work closely with the CRO and VP of Strategy & Development to ideate, plan, and execute Stash’s strategic initiatives and partnerships.
The Stash Strategy & Development team focuses on high impact strategic projects and partnerships that support growth and our rapidly increasing scale. Our projects focus on what moves the needle for the company, including top-line growth and internal operational initiatives. The team reports directly to the CRO but works cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal teams.
What you’ll do:
- Work with rest of the Strategy & Development team to evaluate and execute strategic initiatives and partnerships, including
- Researching and tracking industry trends and competitive offerings
- Identifying potential features or new markets that would be sources of future growth
- Performing financial analysis and market & customer research deep dives on potential initiatives and coming up with recommendations of priority areas
- Leveraging data to champion and negotiate strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Cultivate strong relationships with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal teams to inform and align on the strategy and partnership work, and to actively support the transition from ideation to execution
- Serve as a key resource working closely with CRO and VP of Strategy & Development to create deliverables for and meet ad-hoc requests from C-Suite Executives
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of strategy experience, preferably including at least 2-3 years in management consulting or investment banking focused on financial services and/or 2-3 years at a fintech startup in a strategic role
- Must have experience with developing presentations and financial analyses using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Demonstrate strategic and creative thinking and distinguished communication skills
- Professional maturity and experience to interact with senior professionals
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.