Director, User Research
Compass is building an agent-centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded research leader to help us take our research practice to the next level. As Director of User Research at Compass you will be responsible for managing a team of user researchers and product support specialists while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned UX Researcher with multiple years of experience managing small-to-medium sized teams of researchers.
- Build, hire, empower, and retain a team that effectively handles all research initiatives
- Acts as a coach and mentor, conducting research as well as leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges
- Develop and implement overall research strategy and processes for the organization
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and usability studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Conduct and create impact from your own hands-on research
- Identify gaps in the overall UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field; MA/MS or higher is a plus
- 10 years of work experience in ux research or related applied research setting (preferably within product development)
- 3-5 years experience of managing teams of researchers
- Experience with and understanding of a range of industry-standard UX research methods and techniques as well as knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
- Extensive experience providing research and insights leading to compelling and quality interfaces
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.