Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement.
We are seeking an experienced engineering leader with a background delivering data-powered products in a dynamic environment. The person we hire into this role will lead our core data function, and work to support initiatives ranging from internal analytics to development of machine learning powered features within Electric’s product.
What You'll Do
- Lead and continue to grow our core data team, including data engineers, data scientists, and analysts.
- Own and deliver on the data roadmap by fostering a sense of accountability, helping clear roadblocks, and providing actionable guidance and feedback to the team.
- Support your team’s growth and career development through active mentorship and coaching.
- Plan and execute on improvements to our data platform, including tooling around data ingestion, warehousing, data transformations, experimentation, analytics, and deployment of machine learning models.
- Collaborate with the broader Engineering team to build production grade data-driven features within Electric’s software platform.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage Electric’s data to solve problems, develop new products, or support internal decisions.
- Champion data-driven practices across the team, and help your Product and Engineering peers successfully adopt data tooling and processes.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of combined post-undergrad job experience and education, including 2+ years in an engineering management role with multiple direct reports, ideally in an agile environment.
- Compelling interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken. Comfortable leading team discussions, writing technical documents and briefs, making presentations, etc.
- First-hand experience building batch and/or streaming data pipelines, using tools such as MPP databases (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake), data transformation and orchestration frameworks (e.g. dbt, Airflow, Prefect), and streaming tools (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Working knowledge of Python, ideally including experience with the PyData stack (Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, IPython, etc.).
- Conversant in basic statistical and machine learning concepts, such as hypothesis tests, classification, and regression. (Enough to collaborate effectively with data scientists.)
- Experience building production software, including using relational databases, ORM’s, writing tests, using Git, handling exceptions, code reviews, and so on.
- Be flexible and willing to switch contexts! The ideal candidate would happily take on a mix of responsibilities including people management, data platform architecture, product development, and analytics.