At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Strong financial analysis and forecasting enables Teachable to determine how best to deploy our resources to continue (and accelerate) our growth. The FP&A team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We’re looking for a Headcount Analyst who can assess the opportunities ahead of us and help Teachable make sound hiring decisions. This position reports to the Manager of FP&A and will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on spend related to FTEs and Contractors. If you enjoy the challenge of transforming business questions into financial models, please consider joining our team!
- Collaborate with departments and hiring managers on hiring forecasts related to FTEs and Contractors.
- Develop models and drivers for short and long-range forecasting.
- Perform monthly variance analyses to identify deviations from plan and the impact these deviations have on our bottom line.
- Assist with month-end reporting by providing insights on variances and forecasts.
- Partner with the People Team to analyze the impact of policies and metrics such as: turnover, location, benefits, parental leave, diversity, compensation, recruiting data, and survey data.
- Perform deep-dive analyses to deliver insights on the root causes of issues and make recommendations on how best to monitor and meet them.
- Bachelor’s degree concentration in finance or accounting
- 2-3+ years of experience in finance or workforce planning
- Ability to work with minimal direction and handle multiple projects
- Strong modeling (Excel) and presentation skills
- Quickbooks, Sigma, and SAP experience a plus
- Excited to work independently and chart your own course, while knowing when to seek guidance
- Possess a strong level of confidentiality for sensitive information
- Patience, tact, and a good sense of humor
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.