Full-Stack Engineer, Data Platform at WeWork Technology
About the Role
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products and enabling the technology that powers them. We build and operate a self-service platform used by the rest of the company for data ingestion, storage, streaming and batch computation and to train ML models. We’re building an ecosystem where consumers and producers of data can depend on each other safely. We thrive to build high-quality systems we can be proud to open source and an amazing experience for our users and ourselves. We regard culture and trust highly and are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to the team.
If you’re passionate about building web systems, and you are motivated to make an impact in helping us to create an easy to use, robust and scalable data platform products used by every team, come join us. You will jump into an early stage team and build a self-service data platform. You will help shape the vision and architecture of WeWork's next-generation data infrastructure, making it easy for developers to use data-driven products and features. You are responsible for developing an easy-to-use, powerful web application to power up our self-service solution.
- Lead, build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable full-stack applications for our new internal product.
- Work closely with product managers, data platform engineers, and tech-leaders across the Data Platform organization.
- Actively look for ways to build and improve the end-to-end experience for users who want to use the data platform self-service application.
- Help drive the direction of our growing front-end and back-end architecture.
- Building full-stack console applications to power WeWork’s Data Platform solutions.
- Lead development of high leverage projects and capabilities of the platform.
- Partner with architects and business leaders to design and build robust console to power up the data platform products.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- 5+ years full-stack development experience
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools, and workflow
- Strong experience shipping full-stack containerized applications
- Strong experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- 3+ years experience in tech-leadership roles.
- Experience in open source development
- Strong exposure to Big Data tooling
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.