Governance Risk and Compliance Analyst at Rent the Runway
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:07 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
About Us:Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Job:The Governance Risk and Compliance Analyst is a position within the team with technology, security risk, and compliance responsibilities across the organization. Working closely with the Director of Governance, Risk and Compliance, this position will be responsible for assessing and testing processes and controls to raise the overall compliance and security posture as well as reduce and mitigate risk levels for RTR. Working across multiple frameworks and regulatory standards including, but not limited to SOX, GDPR, CCPA, PCI-DSS, NIST CSF, etc. This individual will have exposure to all parts of the business including Software Engineering, Finance, Corporate Systems, Operations, Legal, Internal Audit and other stakeholders.What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Director of Governance Risk and Compliance on an organization-wide IT and information security compliance program, ensuring IT activities, processes, and procedures meet defined requirements, policies and regulations
- Responsible for assessing and documenting IT and security risk and compliance based on process and control walkthroughs or testing while working with the Director of Governance, Risk, and Compliance to determine potential solutions that are appropriate for Rent the Runway’s business and system architecture
- Responsible for carrying out internal and 3rd party audits/assessments, as well as facilitate evidence collection
- Responsible for carrying out internal security risk assessments at all levels of the business including assets and third parties
- Interacts with technology-focused teams and business stakeholders to understand risks to critical systems and data by understanding potential business impact of mitigation strategies
- 4+ years experience in IT and security governance, risk, or compliance functions
- Deep understanding of IT controls at the systems, network, and application level
- Experience in IT general controls audits from test design to remediation
- Understanding of information security domains including web application and cloud security concepts
- Experience conducting risk assessments at organizational, product, asset, and third party levels
- Knowledge of IT risk frameworks such as COBIT
- Knowledge of security and privacy frameworks such as NIST, SOX, PCI, ISO, GDPR, CCPA
- Knowledge of cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, Saas), databases, infrastructure
- Experience working in cross-functional settings including IT, engineering, and business stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including report writing experience
- Understanding and belief that compliance is never a “one size fits all”
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Read Full Job Description