Group User Experience Researcher
Compass is building an agent centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. As a Group User Experience Researcher at Compass you will be responsible for the user research team which aspires to make meaningful improvements in the lives of the agents, buyers and sellers who use our product every day to transact on one of the most important assets they have. We employ a variety of methods to collect insightful data that enable product and design teams to build products that delight our customer. You’ll manage and mentor a team of user researchers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
- Collect and analyze user behavior from online experiments (A/B testing), lab studies, surveys and direct user feedback provided by our agents
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and usability studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage a team of user experience researchers and technical support engineers
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- 7 years of experience in applied research setting and 3 years experience of managing a team
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of research methods and knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.