Head of Operational Performance Optimization at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
In this role, the Head of Performance Reporting & Optimization is responsible for authoring our operational and clinical reporting suite, development and implementation of the management toolbox and playbook to ensure we optimize the leverage and impact of our middle management team. The role would work with key leaders to establish our performance goals and outcome measures, strategic operational dashboards and management tools to guide our distributed market and virtual leaders to focus on activities tied to delivering our desired outcomes. The role would understand how to measure the organization. Building out a playbook for success.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, process-oriented, comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease and has a high level of integrity with managing confidential information.
- Serve as strategic owner of our clinical and operational suite of program and management metrics, including development of operational diagnostic playbooks and action plans
- Serve as liaison between staff, senior leadership, executive team and COO/CHO, Community Care to determine and prioritize business solutions
- Create processes to improve cross-team collaboration and efficiency, such as design and prototyping integrated performance dashboards allowing enterprise wide view to the impact each area is having on our ultimate performance
- Ensure product success by including the tracking, monitoring, and execution of action items; creating follow up, and ensuring the product process keeps moving forward
- Ensure the executive team is operating effectively and efficiently and oversee the planning and execution of executive team meetings
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience in a high-growth, unstructured environment where there has been success in implementing structure, operations, and excellence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making and performance management
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence + ability to navigate large, matrixed organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with senior executives
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Are an adept manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with operational and clinical measurement and performance management
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
How We Define Success:
- On time, high quality delivery of assignments
- Effective management of analytics, operational processes and design
- Drive effective operational performance across the Member Services agenda
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in Product development, clinical operations, and distributed operations models
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Intensive training in core business skills (e.g., 5+ years of management consulting, MBA, or similar experience)
- Leadership of Operational Reporting, Product teams, or otherwise operations teams
- Experience in healthcare services
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.