Intelligence Analyst, Industrials at CB Insights
Research emerging tech. Find new trends. Create amazing content.
If you are interested in following industrial manufacturing, chemicals, and advanced materials technologies, and would love to package those insights into readable and understandable research content, then keep reading.The role you'll play:
As CB Insights analyst, you will be given the opportunity to produce digestible and actionable insight into technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends of tomorrow. In this role you will help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade, by using data and not your gut.
Encouraged to apply: Candidates with experience in research on companies in the industrials, manufacturing, energy, construction, or adjacent sectors. Also encouraged are analysts with experience tracking the business impact of tech such as IoT and robotics.About the IU Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup and spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial and product side of our business, and have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.Your main tasks:
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of industrial manufacturing startups, large enterprises, and investors
- Assist with custom client-directed research
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top industrial areas including chemicals, advanced materials, etc.
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in industrial manufacturing sector
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
- Writing experience a must – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, or consulting in retail, technology, or related area
- 3-5+ years experience in tech or manufacturing strategy related-position (can also be while working in any of the above fields). Must be able to demonstrate IT tech domain knowledge.
- Must be a startup / tech geek passionate about all things tech and industrial
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!#LI-CI1