The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an experienced Internal Controls Analyst to join our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to help our team build an internal controls environment—from designing, remediating, and implementing creative solutions to support Squarespace's high-growth business. You will partner across Accounting, Engineering, Legal, HR and Analyst Leadership to implement an internal controls strategy. We're looking for someone experienced at assessing and improving control environments, who has a background driving outcomes and managing processes with teams and solving complex issues.
This position is based in New York City and reports to the Internal Controls Lead in New York.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Assist in designing, executing and maintaining an internal control environment over financial reporting
- Ensure risk assessment and control frameworks are in place, and running effectively and efficiently
- Create and maintain internal control narratives, flowcharts and risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Management in identifying business and technology risks and mitigation strategies
- Track remediation to completion and provide recommendations for control improvements
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions
- 3+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- [Nice-to-have] CIA, CISA or CPA
- [Nice-to-have] Audit experience with subscription-based companies or clients
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 and COBIT frameworks
- Proven ability to execute controls and audit strategies to drive results
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.