Lead Analyst, B4B (Contract) at Betterment
Analytics is one of the fastest growing teams at Betterment. We operate with a 360-degree view of the company, working closely with teams to partner and advise on creating the best experience for our users. Projects range from propensity modeling to creating beautiful dashboards that provide a pulse on the business to developing infrastructure that enables the entire Analytics team to answer key strategic questions.
In this role, you will be a Lead Analyst supporting our B4B business line. Betterment for Business is on a mission to make it possible - if not compulsory - for every business to affordably provide a retirement plan option to their employees. Join us to become a key contributor to the success and growth of this business. We have the luxury of being a small business within a much larger one, but our aspirations are not small. We have aggressive growth targets driven by a multichannel acquisition strategy, and we need a seasoned and motivated analyst to help us steer our business decisions. You’ll have a seat at the leadership table, interacting directly with each head of function, supporting them in answering the key questions of the business.
This is a 90 day contract position located in our NYC Headquarters.A Day in the Life:
- Drive the overall analytics roadmap for our B4B line of business
- Identify and prioritize key business questions based on your deep understanding of the business and partner teams
- Define key business metrics for Marketing, Sales and Client Support that must be well monitored and operationalized
- Own development and maintenance of dashboards from concept through execution
- Scope and own ad hoc analysis for internal and external partners
- Use DBT and SQL to craft pipelines from product tables into Datamart to power reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Influence quarterly and annual planning and partner with Finance on forecasting business, pipeline and customer performance
- Drive data accessibility, understanding and culture by helping our B4B organization understand, observe and action on data and analysis
- Continuously seek to improve your own impact and understanding of the business, analytic techniques and influencing/communication skills
- Relevant experience in B2B Sales/Sales Operations Analytics, Customer Operations or management consulting
- Proven track record of identifying targeting criteria and sales drivers
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of critical business reporting
- Strong SQL skills and a desire to advance your technical abilities
- Experience creating and maintaining dashboards with Looker or other Business Intelligence software
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce, including experience with integration of Salesforce into business data and vice versa
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.