Lead Data Analyst - Diner Dynamics at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Lead Data Analyst, who will support the high-performance Diner Dynamics team. You will be responsible for managing a team of data analysts & data engineers and work with product and business stakeholders to manage requirements and delivery for multiple initiatives. You will also play an instrumental role in continuous evolution of pricing, profitability and their impact on ranking.
These efforts will directly reach our millions of customers and significantly affect the business performance of the company. The sky is the limit int this role as there are opportunities and needs to develop team members into hard core data engineers, data analysts,.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Managing team of data engineers and data analysts, guiding, mentoring and helping them on career growth
- Collaborating with product, engineering, finance and other teams to translate their needs or challenges into statistical problems and provide solutions through analysis and tool building
- Partnering with stakeholders to design valid and impactful experiments
- Negotiate and prioritize incoming requests from stakeholders.
- Effectively communicating project updates and changes in timelines with partners and leadership
- Continuous improvement to our tools and processes for impressions, ranking and analytics to meet the scale and needs of business
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders
- Fielding requests from multiple stakeholders
You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- 1+ year of experience leading a team of data analysts or data engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative analysis and reasoning
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling, and/or machine learning / predictive analytics
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Demonstrable (via Github or other) coding ability
- Proficiency in a spreadsheet program (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Conceptual, non-technical understanding/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Ability to independently engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Got these? Even better!:
- Advanced degree in computer science or a quantitative discipline
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience of search and ranking
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.