Lead Data Scientist at Casper
Casper is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Data and Analytics team. As Lead Data Scientist you will work to continually develop the organization's sophistication in leveraging data and modelling to drive decision-making and optimize profit generating activities. Marketing analytics and media mix modeling & optimization will be core focus areas in this role. In addition to Marketing you will touch all aspects of the organization, including retail, operations, product, customer experience, wholesale and engineering As a seasoned Data Scientist, you will be confident in developing models from the ground up and refining existing models, and you will independently identify opportunities to add value for the business.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
You have the statistical and technical firepower to take advantage of our rich data, translate business problems into data science products and solutions, and accelerate our data-driven approach to decisioning. The Lead Data Scientist will focus on areas within Marketing Analytics, with responsibilities including:
- Refine, evolve and take ownership of our media mix model to drive increased understanding of marketing spend impact and a full spectrum of factors on revenue and collaborate with analytics to enhance scenario planning capabilities
- Develop and continue enhancing our media mix optimization process, drive marketing strategy and budget allocation through statistical modeling and analysis
- Improve customer acquisition efficiency and drive profitable growth by enhancing Casper’s data driven revenue prediction models
- Carry out customer path analysis and predictive modeling to understand customer journey and customer behaviors
- Develop customer segmentation models to uncover opportunities for CRM and drive more personalized experiences to increase customer value and profitability
- Build comprehensive testing frameworks to empower and champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates, executing in conjunction with the Digital Product, Acquisition and Customer Marketing teams to continually measure new tactics and strategies and drive strategic learnings
- 4+ years of experience working in data and analytics, with an emphasis on marketing analytics and /or product development, preferably at an omni-channel e-commerce brand, and working with teams to successfully implement spend recommendations to drive business growth
- Demonstrated experience developing media mix models
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, other technical field or equivalent practical experience. MS/MBA or PhD in a quantitative field is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in statistical modeling and machine learning methodologies, bonus points for experience with generalized linear models, time-series, state space, and econometric modeling
- Strong data modeling skills including writing complex SQL queries, experience with dbt a plus.
- Python expertise, with a solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization software packages (e.g., scipy, pandas, numpy).
- Experience of using data visualization platforms such as Looker, and web analytics platforms like Heap, Google Analytics is preferred
- Experience of implementing modeling algorithms for business applications
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others to achieve buy-in for recommendations and translate business challenges into data science applications that meaningfully drive results
- Highly motivated self-learner. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excited by the prospect of developing and building a data science competency at Casper from the ground up and finding new applications for data science partnerships with senior leaders. Lots of latitude to identify new area for impact and implement proof of concept work to drive impact and adoption
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!