Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women and men to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, ships to 125 countries, and has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.
We are looking for a Looker BI Developer who will provide business stakeholders, executive team and data scientists with Looker dashboards and models. Moda Operandi amasses a high volume of structured and unstructured data in multiple production systems. We strive to have one source of truth for our data and metrics. In this role, you’ll take ownership of the data that is available in Looker to the entire organization. In addition, you’ll assist in training and evangelizing democratization of data at Moda Operandi. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own the LookML models as we grow and mature our use of Looker
- Apply best practices with regards to LookML models, looks, and dashboards
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
- Evangelize the democratization of data via training sessions and “Looker hours”
- Help in being an instrumental member of the Data engineering team with a focus on growing our data driven culture
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in LookML development with emphasis on e-commerce implementation
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with open source columnar clustered database such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience w/ one or more of the following relational databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
- Bachelor degree in such fields as information systems, computer science, mathematics and statistics.
- Statistical background a plus
- Experience w/ clickstream analysis
- Experience w/ very large data volumes (millions of daily events)
- Ability to communicate well across cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead training sessions
- Passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization