Policy Analyst at Urbint
Our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data nerds who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing sophisticated policy research and analysis to derive key insights into Urbint’s value proposition to utility clients. The Policy Analyst will leverage policy, regulatory, and industry knowledge to shape the company’s strategy based on an understanding of the regulatory dynamics of the market.
The role will require minimal travel, though attendance at conferences and events across the country may occur. You will report directly to the Director of Market Development and Policy.
What you’ll do
Cultivate policy and regulatory knowledge, identify opportunities in the market, and support interdisciplinary departments as we scale our business.
- Research utility rate cases, regulatory proceedings, and state- and federal-level policies that impact Urbint’s business
- Monitor news cycles, activity at state commissions, and legislation for key developments in the market
- Leverage policy and regulatory expertise to inform the company’s go-to-market strategy and support sales efforts
- Translate sophisticated technological solutions into simple applications understood by regulators and other stakeholders
- Advise on product roadmap based on an understanding of regulatory and political dynamics
- Present on relevant policy and regulatory findings to data science, software, product, and sales teams
- Assist in building Urbint’s brand by drafting white papers and articles, building presentations, and formulating comments for regulatory committees and trade groups
- Curate an “information warehouse" as a reference for all Urbint staff
What we’re looking for
- 2-4 years of relevant experience at a utility, trade organization, environmental non-profit, or consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters in Public Policy and/or Business Administration is a plus
- Knowledge and familiarity with the utility industry and/or other regulated markets
- Demonstrated skills in research and market/policy analysis
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Comfortable defending positions, persuading team members, and presenting externally
- Comfort with ambiguous problems, undefined solutions, and a fast pace
- Gritty, driven, and persistent in delivering high-quality, actionable insights
- Commitment to solving important problems affecting our communities
What we offer:
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement and Citibike membership.
- Strong Culture - collaborative office focused on teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.