Population Health Operations Analyst
Health care is big and complicated. At Oscar, we have the privileged position of touching many parts of the system and getting access to the associated data. The Population Health team runs data-informed programs to improve member health and to modify Oscar’s costs. You’ll work alongside nurses, doctors, designers, data scientists, and care guides to drive population health initiatives across the company.
We’ll throw you in the deep end, expect you to design, test, and improve systems and processes to address unstructured problems in coordination with departments across Oscar.
- How can we contact members most effectively and efficiently?
- How can we persuade members to see a doctor?
- How can we motivate providers?
- How can we leverage internal data and existing programs to learn about a member’s current health?
- How can we work more effectively with our partners to achieve key business goals?
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
Be someone that gets things done
- Use data analysis to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and produce tangible results
- Be able to put together a project plan and work throughout the company to hold teams accountable and drive results
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on ways to solve a problem
Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions
- Deep analytical skills
Zoom in and out
- Willing to sweat the details when you need to but also have a view on how to shape the bigger picture
- Enjoy switching in and out of business, clinical and social ways of thinking
Above all, be thoughtful, humble, and team-oriented.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.