Quantitative Sciences Manager, Data Science and Machine Learning
Flatiron Health has built a unified data set that is unparalleled in its depth and accuracy and gives our partners the capability to ask questions about data that weren't answerable until now. Our Quantitative Sciences team answers these questions.
As the team rapidly scales, we are looking for a Quantitative Sciences Manager on our Machine Learning and Unstructured Data Processing team who is excited to lead a team of data scientists making a big impact.
You will lead a team working alongside teams of software engineers, oncologists, and product managers, and together you will solve problems that will enable our clinicians and biostatisticians to derive ever more powerful insights to answer some of the most critical questions in cancer research.
- Lead statisticians and data scientists, working to provide the algorithmic and methodological expertise necessary to scale our products.
- Hands-on work to prototype models, design and implement methodologies for bias analysis and contribute to tooling
- Act as player-coach, mentor your direct reports and champion data analysis best practices
- Contribute to the strategic and analytical roadmap for the machine learning team and increasing the impact of machine learning at Flatiron
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results; and to identify areas for automation and process efficiencies
- Generate ideas and vision for analyses to shape future projects
- You hold a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline or have significant previous experience tackling ambiguous analytical problems
- You have at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience analyzing data, with at least 1-year of experience managing a small team in a fast-paced setting
- You have experience applying machine learning, technical/statistical background, and excitement about bias analysis
- You have comfort with or desire to learn Python, SQL and other tools used by our software engineers
- You are enthusiastic about coaching, mentoring, and career development of QS team members and you are also excited about hands-on technical work
- You thrive in highly uncertain situations and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems